PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Director of New Client Relations for Philanthropic Services is a philanthropic advisor who will help shape and bring the donors’ charitable interests and priorities to fruition through the Foundation’s variety of donor-advised funds. This position will work closely with a wide range of professional advisors such as estate attorney’s, CPA’s, wealth management advisors, as well as individuals, and family foundations. The primary role is to introduce the Community Foundation to new potential donors and professionals.
This position will implement a comprehensive engagement strategy; assist in developing a coordinated approach to their portfolio; and works to achieve goals by creating and implementing tactics for growing assets. The Director also works with families to consider the Foundation in their estate and legacy plans and is responsible for proposal writing for family meetings.
The Director will work collaboratively with the Finance and Accounting team, Community Impact team, the Philanthropic Services team, and other departments within the organization. This position reports to the Vice President for Philanthropic Services.
Family Relationship Management Experience | Banking or Finance I Attention to Detail | Community Knowledge | Technical Knowledge of Community Foundations and IRS Guidelines
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for building new relationships in the community and helping prospective families and individuals open new funds that align with their charitable goals. Annual goal $5M+.
- Benchmarks: $1M in unrestricted funds, $3M endowed funds and 1M in expendable funds.
- Secure 3-5 planned gifts annually that align with family values.
- Meet with a minimum of 5 advisors or families weekly. 240 visits annually.
- Work with professional advisors which include trust and estate attorneys, financial advisors, insurance, and CPAs to help their clients facilitate their legacy plans and consider the Community Foundation in their plans.
- Partner with the Vice President for Philanthropic Services on co-leading and facilitating the Philanthropic Advisory Council (PAC) by organizing meetings and seminars, recruiting new advisors, and managing important relationships.
- Educate and engage new family foundations to partner on special projects that address the community’s most pressing needs.
- Assist in creating a business plan that elevates the strategic plan to increase year over year growth in assets.
- Create and implement a comprehensive plan that aligns with strategic focus areas.
- Responsible for researching 990’s for prospective clients and writing and developing concept papers for important meetings.
- Responsible for partnering with the Community Impact team on site visits for families.
- Track prospects and donor engagement activities through Community Foundation’s internal database system.
- Represent the Community Foundation at a variety of community events and professional associations such as the estate and planned giving councils.
- Comprehensive knowledge of IRS regulations related to donor advised funds and the best practices with Community Foundations.
Experience working with advisors and family foundations preferred. Mature judgment; excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; commitment to collaboration and team work; proven ability to motivate and inspire people; high integrity; approachable; creative problem solver; critical thinker; broad community and nonprofit knowledge; experience working with donors; well-organized self-starter; resourceful; motivated; shows a passionate commitment to the philanthropic sector and to the betterment of the community; proficient in Microsoft and Adobe products; technical knowledge of Community Foundations and IRS regulations; excellent oral and written communications skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree required. At least five years successful track record of business development, fundraising and family/donor relations. Strong organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities. Excellent computer skills. Previous experience with customer relationship management database preferred. Proven ability to interact comfortably with a broad spectrum of donors, community leaders and nonprofit representatives required. The ability to work both independently and in a team environment. Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
Excellent writing, proofreading and critical thinking skills. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to effectively present information to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Excellent telephone and customer service skills.
Proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, set priorities, handle numerous responsibilities, and work both independently and in a team environment. Adaptable attitude, attention to detail, organized self-starter, and creative. Able to interface well with a variety of people. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
To apply: submit your resume and letter of interest to Mary Katherine Morales at email@example.com.