PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Director of Development and Philanthropic Partnerships is responsible for achieving strategic philanthropic and community partnership goals by implementing strategies for the identification and cultivation of new donors and stewarding established donors for the Community Foundation.
This position is responsible for cultivating ongoing relationships with private and national foundations, grant writing or proposal writing preferred, and community partnerships including nonprofits, and civic organizations. The Director is also responsible for working collaboratively with our Community Impact team, the Donor Relations team, and other departments within the organization.
This position reports to the Vice President of Philanthropic Services.
Family Foundation Experience |Customer Focus |Relationship Building/Communication | Attention to Detail/Accuracy | Project Management | Community Knowledge | Technical Knowledge of Community Foundations and IRS Guidelines
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for researching, writing, and developing grant and gift proposals or concept papers to increase fundraising efforts and expand community collaborations with appropriate partners that drive impact in Palm Beach and Martin Counties.
- Develop and implement outreach strategies to expand community-based collaboration that amplify the Community Foundation’s work and bring new philanthropic donors and partners to the Foundation.
- Manage a comprehensive portfolio of private foundations.
- Create and implement a comprehensive prospecting plan (including private foundation non-profit organizations) that aligns with our strategic focus areas.
- Collaborate with Donor Relations Team on externally facing relationships with our non-profit partners to enhance the goals of the team.
- Track prospects and donor engagement activities through Community Foundation’s internal database system.
- Research foundations and prospects in Donor Search that align with priorities and create a plan to qualify and cultivate the relationships on behalf of community impact and fundraising.
- Represents the Community Foundation at a variety of community events and professional associations.
- Meet with a minimum of 5 donors or community partners per week.
- Secure additional funding to the Community Foundation by providing quality donor services to current fundholders.
- As appropriate, provide prospect support for Vice President for Philanthropic Giving and the Charitable Giving Officer.
- Leads the development of the nonprofit fundholder donor relations strategy.
- Oversee the Giving Circle Intern and Program on an annualized basis.
- Works with the Community Impact Team for fundholder needs.
- Creates and manages grant cycles for high-level donor advised funds including family foundations.
- Conducts fund advisor welcome packets, orientations and calls for assigned funds.
Experience working with family foundations, preferred. Mature judgment; excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; commitment to collaboration and team work; proven ability to motivate and inspire people; high integrity; approachable; creative problem solver; critical thinker; broad community and nonprofit knowledge; experience working with donors; well-organized self-starter; resourceful; motivated; shows a passionate commitment to the philanthropic sector and to the betterment of the community; proficient in Microsoft and Adobe products; technical knowledge of Community Foundations and IRS regulations; excellent oral and written communications skills.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree required. At least two years successful track record of project management and donor relations. Strong organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities. Excellent computer skills. Previous experience with customer relationship management database preferred. Proven ability to interact comfortably with a broad spectrum of donors, community leaders and nonprofit representatives required. The ability to work both independently and in a team environment. Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Excellent writing, proofreading and critical thinking skills. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to effectively present information to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Excellent telephone and customer service skills.
Proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, set priorities, handles numerous responsibilities, and work both independently and in a team environment. Adaptable attitude, attention to detail, organized self-starter, and creative. Able to interface well with a variety of people. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Contracted employees from time to time will report to this position.