Joanne (Shannon) Julien, MD
Why I Support the Community Foundation
Joanne Julien is a Doctor of Medicine. She co-edited a textbook in pulmonary physiology and has published numerous articles in peer-reviewed journals. Her areas of interest focused on asthma, public health, and tuberculosis. Joanne was the Division Chief for Pulmonary Medicine at Good Samaritan Medical Center and a consultant for the Florida Department of Health tuberculosis (TB) program and the Center for Disease Control’s Southeastern National TB Center.
Dr. Julien trained in pulmonology and received her Doctor of Medicine degree at McGill University in Montreal, Canada, where she served as chief resident in internal medicine. She completed her fellowship in respirology at McGill University and her post-graduate research fellowship at the renowned Meakins-Christie Laboratories at McGill University Health Centre.
- Founding member of the Palm Beach Chapter of the International Women’s Forum
- Presently serving on the Board of Trustees for the Pine Crest School
- She and her husband Bobby and their three young sons sailed over 12,000 nautical miles in 2018 on their catamaran from Fort Lauderdale to New Caledonia, off the coast of Australia
- She was vice president of the Gulf Stream School Board of Trustees, where she served for nine years
- Also served on the Operational Board for the Achievement Center for Children and Families