Grants & Scholarships
The Community Foundation is a partner with local funders who have joined together to coordinate disaster relief and recovery funding.
The following funders participate and coordinate funding for this effort:
- Allegany Franciscan Ministries
- Children’s Services Council of Palm Beach County
- Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties
- Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County
- Lost Tree Foundation
- Quantum Foundation
- United Way of Palm Beach County
A funding application process has been developed that will provide assistance to nonprofit organizations in Palm Beach and Martin Counties whose facilities, services and clients have been impacted by a disaster. Following a disaster, the Disaster Relief Funders Group will convene to decide whether the application process will be activated. Once activated, an announcement will be circulated to area nonprofit organizations and this page will be updated.
Funding priorities for Disaster Recovery Funds include:
- Emergency food, shelter and other basic needs
- Facility costs (repairs and relocation) not covered by FEMA or private insurance
- Expansion of service capacity related to increased demand for direct services
More information will be posted here, including the funding application, as needed in the event of a disaster.
Questions? We're happy to help.
Daryl Houston Interim VP for Community Impact
Community Impact Officer