Grants & Scholarships
Jim came from a family with a tradition of farming and service to country. His great, great-grandfather began raising sugar cane and tobacco in Florida in the early 1800s. His grandfather, Amos, was a member of the FL House of Representatives for seven terms and served as its sergeant-at-arms. Jim’s father, Jefferson Davis, brought his family to settle in Homestead after WWII, and purchased a potato farm. In 1978, Jim decided to grow trees on his property - the Davis Tree Farm was born. He died in 1995, but left a legacy for students wanting to pursue their dream in the field of horticulture/agriculture.
- Graduating high school senior from any Palm Beach or Martin County high school
- Also open to seniors from Homestead and South Dade High School in Dade County, FL
- Must be majoring in horticulture, agriculture, forestry, or other agricultural science dealing with the production and management of plants
- Also open to students or adults returning to the field.
- Students must attend a university/college in the state of Florida
- Must demonstrate financial need
Interested in applying for this scholarship?
Apply once to our common application to be considered for our over 100 scholarship funds!