Supporting Our Communities Through Crises
As acute challenges arise for our footprint — including disasters like hurricanes or floods, or human health crises like the COVID-19 pandemic — the Community Foundation is committed to providing resources that meet short- and long-term needs.
Our goal is to deploy resources to community-based organizations that are working with impacted communities. Our competitive Crisis Preparation and Response grant application process is opened when emergencies threaten or impact Palm Beach or Martin Counties.
Nonprofit organizations are encouraged to apply following the same process as our annual grantmaking cycle; however, the funding will be distributed faster to have an immediate impact.
Examples of past emergency support include the Disaster Relief Fund in the wake of Hurricane Ian, the COVID-19 Response Fund, the Martin County COVID-19 Relief & Recovery Fund, and the Bahamas Disaster Relief Fund.
Looking for local emergency resources?
- Palm Beach County Latest News & Hurricane Information
- Palm Beach County Public Safety and Emergency Management
- Martin County Hurricane Information Center
- Martin County Emergency Management
- Florida Special Needs Registry
- National Weather Service
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration