To maximize your 2023 charitable tax benefits, consider these easy ways to give before December 31:
- Online donation: This is the quickest and easiest way to give directly to the Community Foundation Fund by December 31.
- For Community Foundation fundholders seeking to support additional charities, make your donor-directed grants in our online giving portal by December 15 to allow enough time for our staff to process and distribute by December 31.
- Mail a cash donation: Simply write a check dated and postmarked by December 31. Send checks to: Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties, 700 South Dixie Highway, Suite 200, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- Give your IRA distribution: Using your Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) from your IRA is an easy way to donate. And a QCD is an above-the-line tax deduction that can satisfy your Required Minimum Distribution (RMD). You can open a designated or scholarship fund, or give to our Community Foundation Fund.
- Donate appreciated stock: Donating appreciated stock increases your philanthropy by removing your tax liability from the stock sale and realizing tax benefits from the donation. Stock transfers are due by December 26 at 5 p.m.
- Create a charitable testamentary gift agreement: Naming a favorite charity or the Community Foundation as a beneficiary ensures a sustainable future for beloved organizations, while leaving a namesake legacy.
Although our office will be closed to the public December 25 through January 1, our staff will be processing your gifts throughout December and on-call to answer questions!