Opening Doors to Opportunity
Since 1985, the Community Foundation has offered both need- and merit-based scholarships with an aim to increase access to higher education and decrease the burden of debt for our area’s aspiring college students. Thanks to the generosity and vision of our donors, the Community Foundation hosts over 110 scholarships and our general scholarship application puts applicants into consideration for all of them.
- Applications open each spring for enrollment in summer and fall
- The Community Foundation’s Scholarship Committee reviews applications and matches potential candidates to scholarship funds based on a variety of criteria
- Several scholarships require interviews with external committee members
- Scholarship Committee makes awardee recommendations to the Board of Directors
- Board of Directors votes to approve scholarship funding
- Funding is distributed to the college or university of the recipient on an annual basis
Applications for the 2023 Scholarship Cycle are now closed; stay tuned for information about the 2024 cycle.
- 2.5+ GPA
- Graduating high school senior or current undergraduate student from Palm Beach or Martin County
- Demonstrate financial need and/or academic achievement
- Incoming or enrolled full-time student at a college, university, or vocational/trade school
- Unofficial academic transcript
- Completion of essay prompts
- One letter of recommendation
- Parent or guardian’s first 2 pages of 1040 tax return
Selected students will be invited to participate in our interview process, which is not an indication a decision has been made. Undocumented students are welcome to apply.