$2.3 Million Awarded to Changemaking Organizations in the 2022 Competitive Grantmaking Cycle
After a comprehensive selection process that began with a pool of 143 applicants, the Community Foundation’s Board of Directors voted to approve 63 grants that will be awarded to nonprofit agencies throughout Palm Beach and Martin Counties. The grants total nearly $2.3 million, the most dollars distributed from the Community Foundation’s “community impact” funds in more than five years.
This year’s increase was due in part to the generosity of Meredith Trim, Jeffrey Stoops, and the Knight Foundation; they contributed additional unrestricted funding when demand for support soared. Trim and Stoops are members of the Foundation’s Board of Directors and serve on its Community Impact Committee, which oversees the organization’s competitive grantmaking.
The Community Foundation has been making grants to our area’s nonprofits for 50 years. Each year, grantmaking dollars are made available based on a percentage of the Foundation’s endowment returns, which is set by its Board of Directors.
Awards are prioritized to organizations that make a difference in three strategic categories: Positive Youth Development, Post-Secondary and Career Pathways, and Community Revitalization.
Congratulations to our 2022 Grantees:
- Aid to Victims of Domestic Violence (AVDA)
- Caridad Center
- Center for Child Counseling
- Children’s Case Management Organization, dba Families First
- City of Greenacres
- Delray Beach Public Library
- Digital Vibez
- Florida Fishing Academy
- For The Children
- Hobe Sound Early Learning Center
- Inner City Innovators
- Literacy Coalition
- Martin County PAL
- Milagro Center
- National Alliance on Mental Illness Palm Beach County
- Pace Center for Girls
- Path to College
- Ruth Rales Jewish Family Services
- Speak Up for Kids Palm Beach County
- Talented Teen Club
- Urban League Palm Beach County
- Urban Youth Impact
- West Jupiter Community Group
- West Palm Beach Library Foundation
- YES Institute
- Young Singers of the Palm Beaches
- Youth Empowered to Prosper
- American Association of Caregiving Youth
- Best Foot Forward Foundation, Inc.
- Boca Helping Hands
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County, Inc.
- Community Greening
- Dress for Success Palm Beaches
- Els for Autism Foundation
- Family Promise of North Central Palm Beach County
- Habitat for Humanity of Palm Beach County
- Habilitation Center for the Handicapped, Inc. (Hab Center)
- Project LIFT
- Raymond F. Kravis Center for the Performing Arts, Inc.
- Scholar Career Coaching
- Sea Turtle Adventures
- Student ACES, Inc.
- Suits for Seniors Inc.
- The Arc of Palm Beach County Inc.
- The Lord's Place
- 211 Palm Beach Treasure Coast
- Adopt-A-Family of the Palm Beaches, Inc.
- Cancer Alliance of Help & Hope
- Center for Trauma Counseling, Inc.
- Family Promise of South Palm Beach County
- Farmworker Coordination Council
- Florida Outreach Center for the Blind
- Friends of Foster Children
- Homeless Coalition
- Housing Leadership Council of Palm Beach County
- Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County
- Northend Rise
- Pathways to Prosperity
- Promise Fund of Florida
- The 1909 Foundation
- The Institute for Regional Conservation
- Vita Nova
Share this article