For Professional Advisors
The Community Foundation is ideally positioned to help advisors develop and deliver customized giving solutions to their clients.
From identifying appropriate fund vehicles and handling complex assets to providing special services, we offer extraordinary flexibility and support for the diverse and changing needs of donors and the communities we serve.
Our wide range of tax-advantaged giving options allow donors to create their own giving and granting timetable, establish a gift anonymously, in their own name or in honor of someone else, and even integrate their donation into an estate plan. We offer personalized service for your clients, providing tailored philanthropic consultation and expertise on the issues and organizations your clients support. We can even help with appropriate causes and organizations around the world.
We are an ideal partner for transforming any charitable dream into a reality.
Explore IMA's - Individually Managed Accounts
Our Individually Managed Account program is a win-win for you and your clients. Your client can use a donor-advised fund to support the causes they care about, and you can manage your client’s charitable assets after they are donated to the fund.
How an IMA Works
- We establish an investment account with you, and you provide investment services. The assets in the donor’s fund remain under your management on your platform. For tax purposes, the investment account will be under our tax id number.
- Your clients establish a donor-advised fund at the Community Foundation, receive maximum tax benefits and enjoy access to our team of experts to assist in their strategic giving, as desired by the client.
- When your client donates cash, stock or other assets to the fund, the donation is tax deductible, and we provide the tax receipt.
- Your clients recommend grants from the donor-advised fund to support the causes and communities they care about.
- Your clients will receive a monthly statement from the Community Foundation that details fund activity or access information about their funds online at any time through our online fund management tool. As your client’s trusted advisor, you may also be granted access to your client’s fund.
- Investment performance information is provided to clients through your organization.
- Contact one our team members to get started today.
Please call us today.
Senior Director, Development and Foundation Philanthropy
Mary Katherine Morales