A Home For The Community
The Center for Philanthropy building provides a permanent home for the Community Foundation’s offices as well as for other nonprofit organizations.
Our Community Rooms
Our 33,000 square-foot building was built in the heart of the city of West Palm Beach as a gift to our community and named the ‘Center for Philanthropy’.
Located at 700 South Dixie Highway (2 blocks north of Okeechobee Boulevard) in downtown West Palm Beach, this building received The Mayor’s Golden Palm Award for Excellence in Design in 2002.
The Center for Philanthropy building provides a permanent home for the Community Foundation’s offices as well as for other nonprofit organizations. Rental space is offered at market rates to nonprofit organizations.
In addition to office space, the building features the Eunice and Julian Cohen Courtyard and Fountain, and the J. Ira and Nicki Harris Family Community Room and Conference Room, which are available for use by the community’s nonprofit organizations at very reasonable costs.
The J. Ira and Nicki Harris Family Community Rooms are available for use exclusively to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations for the purpose of furthering its mission. Examples of appropriate events include:
- Staff development workshops
- Board of Directors / Committee meetings or events
- Fundraising events
- Educational opportunities
The rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis to nonprofit organizations in the:
- Day use (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Evening (5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.)
- Weekend use (daytime or evening)
Events are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis; all paperwork, contracts and security deposit must be completed and returned to the Community Foundation three weeks prior to the scheduled event.
Security Deposit: Each event requires a security deposit of $200. The Community Foundation will return the security deposit following the event (after the organization has paid in full), provided there is no damage or additional cleaning is not required.
Fee: The rental fee (including setup/breakdown) is based on the number of hours requested. $200 for up to 4 hours and an additional $50 per hour.
- Day use: $200 for up to 4 hours; $400 for up to 8 hours
- Evening use: $400 for up to 4 hours
- Weekend use: $400 for up to 4 hours; $600 for up to 8 hours
- The security deposit required will increase to $300
- Courtyard Rental $100
- House Linens (per piece) $15
- Ice Chiller $25
- Kitchen Rental $100
- Projector Rental $25
Read Details of the available rooms and the reservation process.
Community Room Rentals
Please follow the procedure below to secure your reservation of the Edward and Lee Hill Snowdon Community Room at the Community Foundation.
- Email Sandra Reid to request your event date.
- Once your date is confirmed, complete the Request to Use Facilities Form in its entirety and return to Sandra Reid with the following items:
- A copy of your 501c(3) letter
- A copy of your tax exempt certificate
- A copy of your mission statement
- A certificate of liability insurance naming the Community Foundation as a certificate holder. It should read: Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties
700 South Dixie Highway Suite 200
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- Security Deposit
- $200 security deposit check made out to Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties. Mail directly to our property manager at Cornerstone Realty, Inc. 8233 Gator Ln, Ste 18, West Palm Beach, FL 33411
Your event is NOT confirmed until the date has been approved and all above documents & deposit have been received.
The open air Eunice and Julian Cohen Courtyard can be used for receptions and has a voice amplification system and lighting for evening functions.
The first floor Edward and Lee Hill Snowdon Conference Room is equipped with Wi-Fi and phone conferencing ability, large wood table and chairs that will seat up to ten people. The Conference Room is adjacent to the Edward and Lee Hill Snowdon Community Room II with doors that can be opened into the Snowdon Community Room.
The Snowdon Community Room, designed for flexibility, can be used as one large room or divided into two smaller rooms. Both rooms open onto the courtyard. They are equipped with state-of-the-art technology, including projectors and screens for use with laptops, Wi-Fi connection, wireless and handheld microphone, and a ceiling voice amplification system.
For events requiring catering, a catering kitchen is adjacent to the J. Ira and Nicki Harris Family Community Room and has equipment for meal and beverage preparation and service.
Snowdon Conference Room
- Dimensions: 21x18
- Sq. Feet: 375
- Table Seating: 10
- Theatre Seating: n/a
Snowdon Community Room I
- Dimensions: 37 x 25’
- Sq. Feet: 925
- Table Seating: 60
- Theatre Seating: 60
Snowdon Community Room II
- Dimensions: 44x25'
- Sq. Feet: 1100
- Table Seating: 70
- Theatre Seating: 80
Snowdon Community Rooms I & II
- Dimensions: 81x25'
- Sq. Feet: 2025
- Table Seating: 120
- Theatre Seating: 100
There are a limited number of spots available in the parking lot of the Center for Philanthropy building. There are also plenty of metered spots and garages nearby.
View this PDF for overflow parking options just a short walk away.
Once your reservation has been confirmed, please submit the following forms to Sandra Reid: